Monday, October 27, 2008

Vegan MoFo: Dinner for three

Tonight I made dinner for my Grams and Papa John. Other than a poker night and some meals for B, this was my first time entertaining at my apartment. I was inspired by (or copied) a meal that B made for me this summer. White bean and walnut bruschetta and lemon garlic pasta from Eat, Drink & Be Vegan. I also added a salad with living caesar dressing from the same cookbook.

We started with the bruschetta. I have some leftover topping, which will be tasty in a toasted sandwich tomorrow.


I LOVE this salad dressing. It's amazing how a blend of raw nuts can mimic the cheesy taste of caesar dressing. Check out the recipe here.


After an appetizer and salad, this light, simple pasta with lemon, garlic, basil, and pine nuts hit the spot. Yum.


I think we all would agree that dessert was the best part of the meal. So I'll save that for tomorrow...

1 comment:

Bex said...

That bruschetta is so good! I want some now.