Friday, September 26, 2008

Challenge Day 2

Today's feats:

Lunch- bunch of kale, yellow onion, some carrots
Snack- apple (with PB, of course)

I didn't knock as many things off the list today, mostly because I loved my lunch so much that I ate it for dinner, too.

I made kale soup for lunch. I know this soup wouldn't win a beauty pageant, but what it lacks in looks it more than makes up for in taste.


With quinoa, lentils, and kale blended with the flavors of curry, cumin, tahini, and a little chili sauce, this is one hearty, healthy soup.

3 red bell peppers
6 3 radishes
1 head of broccoli
1 red onion
1 yellow onion
9 oz. mushrooms
1 head of kale
2 1 heads of romaine lettuce
1 lb. 14? oz. baby carrots
1 lb. green beans
1 lb. 8 oz. cherry tomatoes
4 pears
2 bananas
2 plums
1 grapefruit
1 orange
10 9 apples
Fresh thyme
Fresh basil

No comments: