Monday, September 29, 2008

Challenge Day 5 and Rosh Hashanah

Conquered:

Breakfast- pear, and the rest of those raspberries that aren't on the list
Lunch- polished off the cherry tomatoes

I made pasta for lunch today. Brown rice spaghetti (from Trader Joe's), roasted cherry tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, and red pepper flakes. Sometimes simple food really is the best.



I also baked cookies for our family dinner tonight. Chocolate mint melties from Eat, Drink & Be Vegan.


Happy New Year!


3 2 red bell peppers
6 3 radishes
1 head of broccoli
1 red onion
1 yellow onion
9 4 oz. mushrooms
1 head of kale
2 1 heads of romaine lettuce
1 lb. 8? oz. baby carrots
1 lb. green beans
1 lb. cherry tomatoes
4 1 pear
2 bananas
2 plums
1 grapefruit
1 orange
10 8 apples
Fresh thyme
Fresh basil

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! I am so impressed with all your posts! I want a choc. mint melty. Brian says he wishes you could cook for us! Count us as two new loyal readers of Project Veganism.

Bex said...

I have a chocolate mint bar in my cupboard waiting to be made into those melties . . . I can't wait until my next day off!

Bethany said...

roasted tomatoes are so good!

I've made the mint melties before and they are awesome. They don't last long.