Sunday, September 7, 2008

For Chelsea

My friend, Chelsea, assigned me to start a blog today. She inspired me with her new blog about her exciting life in Mexico City, and when I shared that I had wanted to start a blog about vegan food, she told me to do it. Now.

Forget the fact that I have real work to do today. This is my new project. Project Veganism.

So I would like to dedicate this blog to her. We shared a kitchen the size of a closet for two years. We shared our meals, and we even shared vegan enchiladas and countless cookies, cupcakes, and banana breads with doubtful omnivores. So, Chels, since we can't cook together anymore, I'll share my cooking, as well as my occasional rants about animal rights, the environment, the media, and maybe even healthcare here.

There are dozens, maybe even thousands, of vegan blogs disproving misconceptions about veganism. But another one can't hurt. Here's my two cents.

1 comment:

C. Graham said...

What an honor it is to have your first post dedicated to me.

Thank you, my dear food soul mate.

Look forward to reading what is to come :)