Saturday, October 4, 2008

Challenge completed

I finished the list today (minus the apples). And nothing went in the trash! I don't know about you, but I always feel like I forget about something in the back of the fridge, and by the time I find it, it's inedible. I hate seeing food go to waste, so with a little planning and some googling for recipes, I used everything. There are soup leftovers in the freezer, and I still have some apples to eat as snacks over the next few days. But I'm calling this challenge complete.

I gave the omelet a second shot this morning. It looked good in the pan.


Again, the flip was a flop.

I think I might have a temperature issue. It seems like the tofu isn't setting in the right amount of time. I will keep trying, though. Before Vegan MoFo is over, I will make a beautiful vegan omelet.

My brother had a friend over for a sleepover tonight, so we made pizzas, which gave me an opportunity to use up the basil, thyme, and mushrooms.

I wanted to bake, but they wanted puppy chow. So I settled for prepping a treat with a microwave, a big bowl, and lots of shaking.

As usual, a lot of it was gone before I had a chance to take a picture.


Puppy chow is also known as "Muddy Buddies" on the Chex box. The recipe is easily veganized with real semisweet chocolate chips and Earth Balance.


Here's the finished list. I do still have apples left, but those will be finished as snacks in the next few days.

3 red bell peppers
6 radishes
1 head of broccoli
1 red onion
1 yellow onion
9 oz. mushrooms
1 head of kale
3 heads of romaine lettuce
1 lb. baby carrots
1 lb. green beans
1 lb. cherry tomatoes
4 pears
2 bananas
2 plums
1 grapefruit
1 orange
10 5 apples
Fresh thyme
Fresh basil

No comments: