Thursday, October 16, 2008

Vegan MoFo: If you're ever in LA...

Go to Real Food Daily, and order the Salisbury seitan, complete with Caesar salad, mashed potatoes, and gravy:


(Disclaimer: I ate this meal 4 months ago. Can you tell I'm trying to redeem myself in Vegan MoFo when I reach back this far for something to post about?)

This meal was so good that I had to stop myself halfway through because I wanted to enjoy it again as leftovers.

Did I mention that Forest Whitaker, a vegan, was seated only a few tables away? That celebrity sighting, the only celebrity sighting, made my summer Hollywood experience complete.

We didn't want to interrupt his dinner, so the only other photo I have is this one that I poorly set-up outside the restaurant. B, me, and the shadow of the valet attendant who took our photo.

3 comments:

Bex said...

jealous! that looks delicious. I have their cookbook and it's full of yummy food.

Anonymous said...

Wow! That looks great! Plus the picture of you two is really sweet.

Kelly said...

Even if that's a blast from the past it still looks delicious. I have never eaten there in person but their cookbook is fantastic. If you haven't picked it up I highly recommend it.