Friday, October 17, 2008

Vegan MoFo: Raw Vegan Donut Holes

Don't get too excited like I did. These did not turn out so well. Turns out when a recipe calls for a food processor you really need a food processor.

Yes, a food processor is on my wish list. I think there might even be one waiting for me in my mom's kitchen. Today, though, I decided that I could finely chop a cup of almonds using a knife and cutting board. In retrospect, I could have gone to Target or to my parents', picked up a food processor, come back home, and chopped the nuts in less time than it took to chop them myself. And they would have actually been finely chopped. And I wouldn't have a blister on my finger.

So they look nice:


And they don't taste bad. They just have very large pieces of almond in them. Rather than a nice almond meal to hold this sticky treat together.

On an unrelated note, check out this video of the presidential candidates roasting each other at a fundraiser last night:

McCain and Obama Palling Around? Must Be the Al Smith Dinner

1 comment:

Bex said...

I remember trying to work without a food processor. sometimes you can get by but when it's more than just chopping and quick mixing it is a little harder to go without