Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Challenge Day 7 and Vegan MoFo

Today kicks off Vegan MOnth of FOod. Thus giving me an excuse to make banana bread for the second time in four days. I spontaneously made some for my little brother upon discovering some black bananas in my mom's kitchen on Sunday. Today I used my own two overripe bananas, as well as another one of my mom's.

But not much progress other than that:

Breakfast- apple
Banana bread- bananas

Here's the banana bread:


I had to take the photo as soon as it came out of the oven because between my brother and I half of it was gone as soon as it came out of the pan. Here's the recipe. It has no refined sugar, and you can use whole wheat pastry flour to boost the nutritional value without affecting the taste, although any flour will do. I like to use more than a cup of banana and 2 tablespoons of oil for a really moist banana bread. As you can tell, I always opt for the addition of chocolate chips. A full half cup. After all, the rest is healthy, right?

I'm staying at my parents' this week, and coincidentally this arrived today:


Full of honeycrisp apples. What more could I ask for?


I've been making it by on leftovers, but expect a salad tomorrow and maybe red pepper something.

3 2 red bell peppers
6 3 radishes
1 head of broccoli
1 red onion
1 yellow onion
9 4 oz. mushrooms
1 head of kale
2 1 heads of romaine lettuce
1 lb. 8? oz. baby carrots
1 lb. green beans
1 lb. cherry tomatoes
4 pears
2 bananas
2 plums
1 grapefruit
1 orange
10 6 apples
Fresh thyme
Fresh basil

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Banana bread... *salivate*. Did I mention you take amazing pictures of your food? You should be a vegan food photographer...

Bethany said...

mmmmm... banana bread. sounds like you have good timing w/ your visits what w/ the apples and all.