Friday, October 3, 2008

Challenge Day 9

No post yesterday because I didn't use any food. And my head felt like it was going to explode after the debate.

I was slightly more successful today:

Breakfast- apple
Lunch- 1 pepper, some mushrooms
Dinner- bunch of lettuce, 1 pepper, 3 radishes, some carrots

I can't post a picture from my lunch because by most standards it was a complete failure. I tried to make a vegan omelet. I'd been eying this recipe for while, and today I realized it would be the perfect way to use a pepper and some mushrooms. I checked the cabinets for ingredients and bought the ones I was missing. The only thing I forgot was patience.

I waited. I watched. I waited. I watched. I waited. I watched. I couldn't take it anymore. It looked so good. I flipped it. And it broke. And it was not pretty.

At least with tofu, though, heating it through was enough for it to be edible and even tasty. In a mushy sort of way. I made enough of the omelet batter and cooked enough vegetables for a second attempt tomorrow. Success or failure, there will be a picture.

A big salad for dinner knocked out the rest of the romaine and the radishes, as well as the final pepper and some carrots.

Not too shabby.

3 red bell peppers
6 radishes
1 head of broccoli
1 red onion
1 yellow onion
9 2 oz. mushrooms
1 head of kale
3 heads of romaine lettuce
1 lb. 4? oz. baby carrots
1 lb. green beans
1 lb. cherry tomatoes
4 pears
2 bananas
2 plums
1 grapefruit
1 orange
10 5 apples
Fresh thyme
Fresh basil

1 comment:

Bethany said...

I love these omelettes. doesn't matter if I breaks apart. I found greasing up the pan a lot helped make it flippable. I also added vegan cheese.